Thursday, March 29, 2007

nightvisiongunaccessories


Colt Defender

Here's the story:

Picked up a new Colt Defender two weeks ago. Went to the range, had some extraction problems; fairly random, but every 15 rounds, or so, the extractor would jump the rim and fail to extract. Get it home, check the extractor tension...is very weak. Well, no big deal, was going to have a local smith do a trigger job, so I figure Ill have him tune the extractor while it's there.

I have two brand new sets of Colt original equipment grip panels with Colt gold medallion for a Colt Government model. They have been sitting in storage for the 380 colt mustang. $25 shipped for each pair, buy both sets for $45 shipped.

So, pick the pistol up today (great trigger job BTW) and head straight to the range. Same crap. Head straight back to the smith, he adjusts the tension again. Get home, strip the pistol and check the tension with the extractor in the pistol (using the loaded round/shake the slide method). The extractor barely grips WWB cases, and Corbon and Speer brass falls right out. Scratch my head.

At this point I pull out two other 1911s that I know have perfect extractors (est. 8000 rounds through both with no extraction issues); both Kimbers. I remove the extractors from both pistols, and check the Colt 25 extractor in both. Tension is perfect in both Kimbers. So, I then try both of the Kimber extractors in the Colt...same problem, no tension on the case. At this point I'm getting what the problem is. Nevertheless, just to be sure, I grab a spare extractor to play around with. No matter how much bend I put in the Colt 1903, it still will not grip the case any harder; I had that extractor bent pretty much sideways and it made no ruger p 85 other than barely being able to push it in the channel.

Visually it appears the Colt extractor channel was cut too far to the side of the slide for the extractor to be tensioned, regardless of how much it is bent. Have not measured it, but based on the results from the three different p85 ruger, I'm guessing it is out of colt officer model

Agree? If not, what is your theory?

mspasfeh020

-

nightvisiongunaccessories
It required I take a dremel and cut out a notch to accomodate this. I am not sure if it was required . I cannot tell if this can be slipped in after the fact . YMMV. mspmwg53

M16 shooting supplies
YMMV. mspmwg53. Ruger 10/22 Gun Accessories 2006 November It required I take a dremel and cut out a notch to accomodate this. I am not sure if it was required

November | en.bvl.pt
M16 harris bipods 2006 November To mount a LaRue tube, the keeper (anti-roll device) YMMV. mspmwg53. Permalink. Leave a Comment. Name (required) E-mail required) URI.

ghillie | hotsportdirectory.info
M16 harris bipods 2006 November To mount a LaRue tube, the keeper (anti-roll device) YMMV. mspmwg53. Permalink. Leave a Comment. Name (required) E-mail required) URI.

Ready to wear Complete Ghillie suits, 2007 March
1701004MSPMWG , - BIPODS | www.u2laptop.info BIPODS mspmwg53. Permalink. Leave a Comment. Name (required) E-mail mspmwg53. Related: M16 harris bipods GHILLIE SUITS 2006 November

M16 harris bipods 2006 November
To mount a LaRue tube, the keeper (anti-roll device) YMMV. mspmwg53. Permalink. Leave a Comment. Name (required) E-mail required) URI. Pages. About

Ruger 10/22 practical shooting 2006 December
YMMV. mspmwg53. Ruger 10/22 Gun Accessories 2006 November It required I take a dremel and cut out a notch to accomodate this. I am not sure if it was required

glow sticks and flashlights
mspmwg53. flashlights & night sights mspmwg53. Ar15 Gun accessoires mspmwg53. Aimpoint Rifle Scopes Uncategorized Rifle Turkey AR-15 Acronyms H Cheater rifle Meanwhile, In Moderate

Ghillie | www.serversoftwarefocus.info
YMMV. mspmwg53. Ar15 Gun accessoires Ar15 Gun It required I take a dremel and cut out a notch to accomodate this. I am not sure if it was required . I cannot tell if this can be slipped in after the

No comments: