Monday, January 15, 2007

1701003MSPMWG , (Grips4guns)


1701003MSPMWG , -

AR-15 Uppers

2. Support the barrel so that when we knock the pins out, we wont stress the barrel at all... I used a couple pieces of 2x4. Using a large AR-15 Uppers (~1/4") brass punch, firmly knock the pins loose. Use masking tape all round the FSB is you are worried you might slip and scratch something. I must admit... on most of the barrels I have done, a couple sharp hits with a punch knocked the pins loose.... but I finally had one Bushmaster 20" barrel that the pins absolutely would not come loose on. I ended up having to dremel the FSB down and then was able to punch them out, but I ruined the FSB. I was replacing with a flip up FSB anyway, so it wasnt a great concern... but keep this in mind, should you come across one that is not very friendly.

mspmwg46

No comments: